Thursday, September 19, 2013

On My Own

 
The pain seeps in as my arm starts to numb;
Emotions hurt a little less each time.
I worry what this love has now become.
Why isn't this seen as a larger crime?
 
You leave me sitting here all on my own,
To wonder what I must have done so wrong.
Without the love and care I should have known,
That this was done because I don't belong.
 
My head keeps telling me that I am done
And that the future has not much in store.
But somewhere in this mess I must have won,
For I know that my life's worth so much more.
 
You did so well in breaking my one heart,
But on my own I will not fall apart.

1 comment:

  1. Its almost completely iambic pentameter. Tricky! Good job. The first quatrain worries me - and I wonder what it has to do with the rest. Dark, I LOVE the second quatrain so much! it's packed with darkness and yet simple. I also love the light of the couplet.

    ReplyDelete